Pages

Search My Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog! I am a stay-at-home mom who recently graduated from East Carolina University's School of Education with a bachelor's degree in elementary education. On my journey toward becoming an educator, I found myself overrun with the realization that I was spending more time with other children than my own. While I loved teaching and found it to be my calling in life, my girls were growing up quickly and I yearned for more family time. I knew that I needed to find a balance between family and teaching, I needed a way to "have my cake and eat it too"!

While teaching a social studies lesson to a group of 4th graders, I had an "epiphany" of sorts.  As I was standing in front of the classroom conducting my lesson on the Trail of Tears, it came to me. If I can teach other people's children, why can't I teach my own kids? There it was, homeschool. This was a scary and foreign idea for me but I was curious and decided to do some research. I soon realized that this could work for my family. We are now finishing up our second year of homeschooling and my only regret is that we didn't start sooner!

As I was finishing my degree and schooling my girls, I completed my last semester of school with a full-time internship at a local Title 1 school. I found my internship to be both rewarding and challenging at the same time. It is an experience that I will never forget and always cherish.

Despite my choice to remain home and educate my girls, I still long to be part of the classroom environment and still find it my calling to teach. During my time in the classroom, I noticed that many teachers struggled to find resources for their students. The school district had limited the resources provided to them and teachers were forced to spend money out of their own pockets in order to provide a top level education to their students. I learned a great deal about www.teacherspayteachers.com and the great services they provide to our teachers. Last month, I decided that I would open my own Teacher Pay Teacher store, MCA Designs at https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mca-Designs. My store provides me with a way to help teachers meet the needs of their students by sharing my personal resources with classrooms everywhere.

Thank You for taking the time to read my first blog post!

Please take a moment to leave a comment and follow me on my blog and in my Teacher Pay Teachers store :)

No comments:

Post a Comment